UPDATE:

Heather from Based On A True Story will be the new host for Foodies Read 2016.
Sign up here

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Join The Foodies Read 2015 Challenge: Sign Up Here


Welcome to the 2015 edition of Foodies Read! 

If you are new to a food/reading challenge, you may be wondering – what is a “food book”? A food book is a book which is centered around food and/or drinks. That could be a cookbook, a food biography or memoir, a non-fiction book focused around a specific food, wine, chef or restaurant, or a fictional story in which food plays a major role.

Here’s how the challenge works:
1. Decide how many food books you want to read in 2014. 
Pick one of the reading levels below: 

Levels:
Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books
Pastry Chef: 4 to 8 books
Sous-Chef: 9 to 13 books
Chef de Cuisine: 14 to 18
Cordon-Bleu Chef: More than 19

2. Grab the challenge button and write a post on your blog so we can spread the word. If you want, you can also add the button to your sidebar to help get the word out that the challenge is on for 2015.

Want to join but don't have a blog? That's fine, just post a comment below in the comments section saying so, and then post your reviews in the comment section of the corresponding tab at the top of the blog under the header.

3. After you read each book for the challenge, come back here and tell us about it. Click on the correct category for your book on the menu bar, and post the link to your review. We’ll use the same categories as last year: Cookbooks, Memoirs/Biographies, Fiction, and Nonfiction. There's also a tab for you to link up your Challenge Wrap-Up post.

Guidelines:
The challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2015.
You don’t need a pre-selected list of books.
It’s okay to cross over with other challenges.
Any book format is allowed (print, audio, ebook)

Sign Up Here:
If you're new to this linky, this is how to fill it out:

First Line: name & blog title 
Example: Vicki @ I'd Rather Be Reading At The Beach

Second Line: email address (not shown)
Example: irbratb.com

Third Line: URL to your Challenge Post, not your blog
Example: irbratb.com/2015/11/21/foodies-read-2015/

37 comments:

  1. This is always one of my favorite challenges! I wasn't good about reviewing books last year because I was crazy busy starting my own law firm, but I loved reading the books. I signed up for the same Pastry Chef level again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you joined again this year Gilion! Congratulations on starting your law firm!
    I didn't do so good last year on all my challenges either. It was a crazy year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning to read at the Pastry Chef level. I linked this post to my pinterest account, but I will be leaving my reviews on my GoodReads account. I don't have a blog. Thanks for hosting the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going for Chef de Cuisine this year to push myself a little! This was my favorite challenge last year even though I wasn't the best about staying on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going for Sous-Chef...I didn't do very good on challenges this year either :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't done this challenge in a couple of years, I enjoyed it very much before. Let's start with the pastry chef level. No blog but I do have Goodreads. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I signed up! I bet I won't even have to seek out a book to fit this challenge since I read lots of cozy mysteries. Bakers...chocolate makers...coffee shop owners...This'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on reading more cozies this year too. I found a few series (12 books total) I plan on reading for the challenge, plus cookbooks are always finding their way onto my tbr list.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for hosting this challenge and for keeping it alive. I didn't do a good job on this genre in 2014, but I want to push myself again. I'm aiming for Pastry Chef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm being a little too brave maybe, but I'm going to go for Cordon-Bleu Chef this round. Sounds scary doesn't it?

      Delete
  8. I signed up...twice actually! I was so excited to find this challenge that I signed up before I posted it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I signed up for Sous Chef this year! I got past the Pastry Chef level last year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining again Christy!

      Delete
  10. I'm in again, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicki! I am planning to the Chef de Cuisine this year. Last year went off like a breeze and had to post the last few reviews in a hurry.Hope to do better this year. Thanks for hosting.And wishing you a very happy and healthy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining! Wishing you and your family the same!

      Delete
  12. I'm so sorry for the trouble, but since I deleted my original post on accident, I had to submit a new corrected link. The one at #23 no longer works, and #27 is the new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No trouble! I'll just delete #23! Thanks for joining!

      Delete
  13. Hello Vicki! I participated in this challenge way back in 2011. Now that I've got back into book blogging, I'd like to give it another go. I'm glad to see you're still hosting it! I'll add my link when my post goes live in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am aiming for Pastry Chef. I posted a review, added my link above, then realized that this was not where we are supposed to post our reviews. I'll let the link above stand and also post the link under "Fiction."

    I'm sorry to start out with a negative review of a book that many people loved, but it happens. We can't all love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chef de Cuisine is where I am starting-my first book was Delancey which I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm joining as a Pastry Chef and if the year goes well may move up from there!

    Please join us at The Book Nook at Create With Joy - our new community & party just for book lovers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I joined as a Short Order Cook and concentrating on foodie reads for February and our Travel the World in Books Reading challenge.

    Thanks for hosting. Looking forward to a delicious month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This definitely sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I originally joined at Pastry Chef level, but have already completed that with 9 books, so I think I'll move up to Chef de Cuisine: 14 to 18. I think that's doable. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. You can join anytime...Welcome!

      Delete
  21. Hi Vicki, thanks for commenting on my blog. I like this idea - was just thinking I need to blog more about nutition on my sportsblog. I'll see what books I can find. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks good! I must get some foodie books to read before joining!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've just bought a book because Linda of "Silly Little Mischief" blogged about it, so I'm ready to join. Since I'm starting 3/4 of the way into the year, I'll start with the smallest commitment:

    Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books

    I'll post something on my blog tomorrow morning and come back to fill in my information on the linky. I'm excited about my new book and my newest challenge. Thanks for doing this challenge.

    ReplyDelete